Thursday, February 4, 2016

February Goals

Happy Thursday Girls!
 
 
I know we are a few days into the month, but today I am sharing with you my goals for February, and looking back over how I did on my January goals! 
 
January goal recap....
 
1.  Read at least one book....well I read 3 books during January!  I am going to do a post next week recapping what I read in January!
 
2.  Only drink 1 Pepsi a day...some days were better than others for this one.  I did cut back tremendously however unfortunately more days than not, I had more than one pepsi...hoping to do better this month.
 
3.  Get to gym 3x a week....this didn't happen at all.  Never got there not even once.  My morning schedule is crazy driving the kids to school, and it is after 9:30 by the time I am done dropping the boys off, and I just don't feel like going to the gym that late in the morning.  I have started walking regularly here in my neighborhood.  I am considering buying a treadmill, so I can do it here, when it is convenient for me.
 
4.  Make finding time with Mark a priority....We did ok with this one, I am hoping to make it more of a priority this month.  This is Mark's busy season right now at work, se some nights he gets home late, and he is downright exhausted and he is working every other Saturday, so our time is limited.  We did manage a little lunch date, and we did go out with some of his co-workers last week, which was super nice.
 
5.  Sticking to our budget...surprisingly, I did pretty good with this one, and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be.  I did spend a little more than I had wanted to...with getting our new couch, I "needed" a few things for the living room.  I am pretty determined to save, and I am realizing I really don't "need" as much as I once thought!
 
So, though I didn't accomplish every goal on my list, I am OK with how the month went, and instead of feeling mad I didn't do it all, I am moving some things to this months list and just continuing to move on.....
 
So now it's time for my February goals.....
 

1.  CONTINUE TO SAVE AND WORK ON BUDGET
This will be something that I will need to continue to tweak and work on each month.  We have lots of goals for this year, so us saving and really sticking to the budget is important.
 
2.  HAVE AT LEAST 2 FAMILY NIGHTS
I know this probably may sound silly, not much like a goal, but with 3 young kids, and sports season fast approaching and school and homework, sometimes family time takes a back seat.  I am going to try for at least 2 nights where we all "unplug" and either all watch a movie together or play a game or something. 
 
3.  READ 2 BOOKS
Last month I read 3 books...and man I love reading and have loved everyone's recommendations,...please keep them coming.  Life is going to start getting busy again with spring sports, so I am hoping to get to read 2 books.  I am thinking about getting a Kindle, if you have one, let me know your thoughts.
 
4.  GO TO BED EARLIER AND WAKE UP EARLIER
This could be the toughest for me this month.  I am definitely a night owl, and not so much a morning person.  I set my alarm every morning for like 5:45, but more times than not, I am hitting the snooze button, waking up at the last possible second.  I hate when my mornings are rushed.  I am going to try and be in bed each night by 11, and not only set my alarm, but actually get up by 6 each morning.  I find the days go much smoother, if I have some "quiet time" in the morning.
 
5.  LOOK INTO SUMMER ACTIVITIES FOR THE KIDS
Again, this may sound like another silly goal, but it is something that I do need to accomplish this month.  Summer will be here before you know it!  Our summer will be different for sure this year.  Olivia goes to a year round school, the boys do not.  They all have off the entire month of June, but Olivia starts back right after the 4th of July.  I am definitely looking into a few things to keep them busy during the month of June.
 
6.  WALK 3X A WEEK
I am not sure if a gym membership is for me right at this time, but I do need to do something, so I am hoping to walk immediately after school drop off.
 
7.  BE MORE MINDFUL OF WHAT I AM EATING
Again, this will be tough for me.  I love to eat, I love food, and eating makes me happy.  I do love fruits and veggies, but I much prefer cake!  ha!  I hate the word "diet", they never work, and I feel like if I start depriving myself of things I love, it is like automatically setting me up to fail.  I believe in everything in moderation...well that is for sure easier said than done!  Anyway...I am just going to watch what I am eating, and try to make better choices.  I am also going to really try not to eat at night after dinnertime.  That is my downfall...I could go all day without eating, but at 8pm could sit down and eat chips and cookies!  So my goal is to be better about my food choices, limit my desserts during the week.  I am hoping to get myself to the point where I am mindful during the week, and then just do what I want, in moderation, on the weekends.  Then it becomes a lifestyle and not a diet.
 
So there are my goals for this month!  Can't wait to report back next month to see how I did with them!
 
Have a great day and see you back here tomorrow for Friday favorites!

 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Love these goals! Mine are very similar as well. I'm thinking about doing Whole 30 this month to kickstart a healthier lifestyle..but we'll see! That's awesome that Olivia goes to a year round school! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about the whole 30 but never really looked into it. And the year round school isn't as bad as I thought it was I just wish the high school and middle school followed the same schedule. It can get tricky having the kids on different schedules. Have a great day my friend ! And go panthers

      Delete
  2. I have a Kindle and I do like it for trips because you can take several books and it's still light as a feather. That said, I am a library junkie! I keep a running list of books I want to read on my Goodreads account, and every time I go to the library (my kids are huge readers too and I could never afford all the books we all read!) I get one. Our library also lets us reserve books, which works really well for new releases. The exception to this rule are very super popular books. My husband reads those epic series that take years for the authors to release, so buy those and I do buy the new Elin Hilderbrand because they're so popular I'll be like 30th on the reserve list!

    As for summer, my kids are much younger than your boys, but our summer looks like theme park, pool, beach, pool, playground, pool, beach, VBS, Keys, movies, bowling, pool, beach. :) It's hot so you might as we'll be in water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have no doubt it's going to be HOT!!! Olivia starts back in July so I'm looking for some things for June for them all! I'm sure lots of beach trips are in our future. Have a great day

      Delete
  3. I love my Kindle and I highly recommend one! I hardly ever read a "real" book anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. I'm thinking that's going on my birthday wish list for sure next month! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. I think I couldve written several of these myself!

    ReplyDelete